Riim Lagerwerf is a certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, Panchakarma Specialist and Ayuryoga therapist. She is a 200 hour registered Yoga Alliance teacher and member of LVNT. A National Association of Naturopathic Therapists in the Netherlands. Riim is registered as an RBCZ therapist and her health practice complies with the Healthcare Quality, Complaints and Disputes Act (Wkkgz) and is registered with the SCAG
As an Ayurvedic Health Practitioner, I specialise in preventative and lifestyle medicine, trained to provide individual coaching and counseling sessions. Not only do I focus on preventative Ayurvedic medicine but also on Clinical Medicine assisting those who are sick with mild, moderate, or serious disease. I help my clients to manage physical and emotional imbalance in a holistic way, using different ayurvedic therapies, dietary and lifestyle recommendations. I integrate yoga, meditation, bija mantras, pranayama, ayurvedic herbs, colour and aroma therapy in my treatments and recommendations.
My holistic approach to health will help you understand how all areas of your life are connected. I coach clients to understand their Ayurvedic constitution and what causes their imbalance or current state of health and how they can heal their life. We explore together what lifestyle is best and then look at basic improvements and implement gradual changes during our work together. As these pieces accumulate, my clients find the changes collectively create a much larger impact than they originally expected. I not only work on what you want to improve, but also take into account the circumstances of your unique situation and Ayurvedic constitution. Most of all I will empower you to understand yourself. Enabling you to navigate through life with love and compassion and so to serve your highest self.
After a couple of years living abroad, I now live in the Hague again since 2019 with my husband Dennis and two kids, Gaia and Diego. I worked in corporate world for more than 17 years en managed my own yoga studio from 2010 to 2017. Since 2015 I work as Holistic Health Coach next to teaching yoga classes. My own imbalance in body and mind has led to the ancient Vedic knowledge of Ayurveda and Yoga. I am so grateful for this.
As Ayurvedic Specialist I am trained to work with a wide range of health conditions, complementary to western medicine, including:
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Crohn’s Disease
- Low Libido (E.D.)
- Lyme’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Overeating/Binge Eating
- Panic Attacks & Anxiety
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Severe Fatigue
- TBI ( Traumatic Brain Injury)
My Training / Education:
- AyurYoga : 2019-2022, Bachelors program for AyurYoga Therapist and Teacher. 300 hrs yoga. Total 120 EC. Part of the curriculum is Basic Medical Knowledge via Terreel
- California College of Ayurveda : 2017-2022, Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) and Clinical Ayurvedic Medicine (CAM) Level 1
- Introduction to Vedic Astrology, with Theo Burkhardt (2021)
- Institute Ayurveda Nixia Lino International, Affiliated with International Academy of Ayurved (IAA) . Panchakarma specialist
- Veda Center (through mindbodygreen) (2017) where I studied with Charlie Knoles to teach four categories of meditation and guide people to learn and practice and integrate these in their lives.
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition, (2015), Certified Integrative Health Coach. I studied a variety of dietary theories and practical lifestyle coaching methods;
- Miami Life Center, (2015) where I completed a 200 hour Ashtanga Yoga Intensive training with Kino MacGregor and Tim Feldmann.
- Pranic Healing Centre, Suriname. Basic Pranic Healing and Advanced Pranic Healing (2015 and 2016).Pranic Psychotherapy (2017). Affiliated with Institute for Inner Studies Incorporated (IISI) www.globalpranichealing.com
- Saktiisha Yoga Academy (2013), where I completed a 250 hour Yoga Teacher training for her own personal development.
- Post Bachelor degree, Business Economics, 2000, HES Rotterdam
- International Business / Economy & Languages , Ichtus Hogeschool Rotterdam. Bachelor degree, 1998