Riim Lagerwerf-van den Berg
My own path of healing started when I wanted to deal with restlessness, insomnia and specific health problems.
Also I wanted to be more present in the moment so I could be more aware and conscious of how my daily lifestyle choices are either serving me or not serving me. What started with the practice of hatha yoga and deepening my knowledge and practice of meditation, turned into teaching and sharing it with others . Through friends I found Pranic Healing and through Yoga I connected with Ayurvedic medicine. My daily meditation practice in combination with yoga and specific daily ayurvedic routines helps me to navigate through daily life. It has helped me open up and connect with myself. It has helped me to love myself more and to connect with others. It has helped to make the right decisions around my health. Most importantly all this has helped me strengthen and develop me on my spiritual journey. Through the work that I do with clients my healing continues.
Riim’s holistic approach to health will help you understand how all areas of your life are connected. She coaches clients to understand their Ayurvedic constitution and what causes their imbalance or current state of health and how they can heal their life. You will explore together what lifestyle is best and then look at basic improvements and implement gradual changes during our work together. As these pieces accumulate, her clients find the changes collectively create a much larger impact than they originally expected. Riim not only works on what you want to improve, and within the circumstances of your unique situation and Ayurvedic constitution, but she will empower you to understand yourself. Enabling you to navigate through life with love and compassion and so to serve your highest self.
She received her training from:
- AyurYoga (2021/2022) Currently studying Bachelors program for AyurYoga Therapist.
- California College of Ayurveda, (2018) Ayurvedic Health Counselor Level 1 completed. Ayurvedic Clinical Specialist Level 1 completed (2020). Finalizing program as Practitioner 2021/2022.
- Institute Ayurveda Nixia Lino International, Affiliated with International Academy of Ayurved (IAA) . She studied to practice different ayurvedic body therapies.
- Veda Center (through mindbodygreen) (2017) where she studied with Charlie Knoles to teach four categories of meditation and guide people to learn and practice and integrate these in their lives.
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition, (2015) where she studied a variety of dietary theories and practical lifestyle coaching methods;
- Miami Life Center, (2015) where she completed a 200 hour Ashtanga Yoga Intensive training with Kino MacGregor and Tim Feldmann.
- Pranic Healing Centre, Suriname. Basic Pranic Healing and Advanced Pranic Healing (2015 and 2016).Pranic Psychotherapy (2017). Affiliated with Institute for Inner Studies Incorporated (IISI) www.globalpranichealing.com
- Saktiisha Yoga Academy (2013), where she completed a 250 hour Yoga Teacher training for her own personal development.