As an Ayurvedic Health Counselor & Educator I specialise in preventative and lifestyle medicine. I am trained to provide individual counseling and guidance sessions. Note that as of June 2022 I will be going into my last phase of my Ayurvedic Medicine studies of California College of Ayurveda. In this stage I will specialise in clinical Ayurvedic medicine. As a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist I will not only focus on preventative Ayurvedic medicine but also on Clinical Medicine assisting those who are sick with mild, moderate, or serious disease. I help my clients to manage physical and emotional imbalance in a holistic way, using different ayurvedic therapies, dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
My holistic approach to health will help you understand how all areas of your life are connected. I coach clients to understand their Ayurvedic constitution and what causes their imbalance or current state of health and how they can heal their life. We explore together what lifestyle is best and then look at basic improvements and implement gradual changes during our work together. As these pieces accumulate, my clients find the changes collectively create a much larger impact than they originally expected. I not only work on what you want to improve, but also take into account the circumstances of your unique situation and Ayurvedic constitution. Most of all I will empower you to understand yourself. Enabling you to navigate through life with love and compassion and so to serve your highest self.
I currently live in the Hague with my husband and two children, Gaia and Diego. I have worked many years in the corporate world in Purchasing functions and managed my own yoga studio from 2010 until 2017. Since 2015 I have been working as Holistic Health Coach besides teaching yoga classes. Since completing my meditation training I have been studying Ayurvedic Medicine and am continuously developing myself.
My Training / Education:
- AyurYoga (2021/2022) Completing my 4th year of Bachelors program for AyurYoga Therapist and Teacher.
- California College of Ayurveda, (2021/2022), Currently in my last year of education for Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist. Altready completed Ayurvedic Health Counselor program.
- Institute Ayurveda Nixia Lino International, Affiliated with International Academy of Ayurved (IAA) . I studied to practice different ayurvedic body therapies.
- Veda Center (through mindbodygreen) (2017) where I studied with Charlie Knoles to teach four categories of meditation and guide people to learn and practice and integrate these in their lives.
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition, (2015) where I studied a variety of dietary theories and practical lifestyle coaching methods;
- Miami Life Center, (2015) where I completed a 200 hour Ashtanga Yoga Intensive training with Kino MacGregor and Tim Feldmann.
- Pranic Healing Centre, Suriname. Basic Pranic Healing and Advanced Pranic Healing (2015 and 2016).Pranic Psychotherapy (2017). Affiliated with Institute for Inner Studies Incorporated (IISI) www.globalpranichealing.com
- Saktiisha Yoga Academy (2013), where I completed a 250 hour Yoga Teacher training for her own personal development.
Riim Lagerwerf is a 200 hours register Yoga Alliance teacher and an aspiring member of ANVAG (The General Dutch Association for Ayurvedic Medicine), the independent professional association for Ayurvedic and Yoga trained doctors and therapists/teachers, who are professionally engaged in the practice of Ayurveda medicine and Yoga. ANVAG will be part of LVNT later this year.